- Join Community
- Post to Community
- Gift Paid Account
|Name:||The Treat Much Right Campaign|
|Location:||Sherwood Forest, (states/regions/territories), United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland|
|Website:||The Treat Much Right Campaign HQ|
|Posting Access:||All Members|
|Community description:||A community dedicated to Much, Robin Hood's faithful friend in the BBC series|
Welcome to the Treat Much Right Campaign! If you are joining the community (and I hope you are!), please read all the information in this profile page – and especially, please read the posting rules before you post anything. All together now... Treat Much Right!
What is the Treat Much Right Campaign?
This community was inspired by the BBC series Robin Hood (currently in its second season in the UK). One of the characters in this series is Much, the loyal manservant of Robin, who fought with him in the Holy Land and is always at his side.
Throughout the series there have been occasions were Robin is unnecessarily nasty to Much – teasing and making fun of him, calling him ‘simple’, refusing to let him sing, spending more time with the other outlaws, and so on...
Well, Robin, this just isn’t good enough! Collectively we cry out – Treat Much Right!
The Treat Much Right Campaign has been enjoying a wonderful existence on Livejournal for quite some time, thanks to the kindness and loveliness of the many members over there. This is the Dreamwidth branch of the TMRC, and the plan is for it to function in a very similar way to Livejournal. It is now officially open for business, so please go ahead and start posting!
Please note that there is currently no way of feeding the Livejournal community to Dreamwdith, so for users over here it would be a good idea to follow that separately (getting a Livejournal account is very simple: go here
Disclaimer: Robin Hood is the property of the BBC and Tiger Aspect Productions. This community is entirely unofficial and has no links with the production or any of the cast and crew involved in its making.
Treating Much Right
In order to support the Treat Much Right Campaign, there are several things you can do.
- Join this community! (community activities and posting rules below)
- Tell everyone you want Robin to Treat Much Right!
- Post links to this community and the TMRC HQ in your LJ. There is also now a TMR Facebook group that you can join and link to. There is also a syndicated feed of the Dreamwidth community that you can get on Livejournal (see under Links below).
- Use a TMR icon and/or display a TMRC banner or button on your website or LJ profile page (see below for how to get one!).
Icons, Banners and Buttons
I have made several icons, banners and buttons for the Treat Much Right Campaign: you can get one of these by going to my Photobucket (please give credit whenever appropriate).
If you wish to make your own icons (or indeed banners or buttons), that’s also great. Just use the text ‘Treat Much Right’ (or ‘The Treat Much Right Campaign’) and make sure they are within normal LJ restrictions. Banners can range in size, but all buttons for this community should be 100x50.
Be as inventive as you can in your support of the Treat Much Right Campaign, but I have some suggestions as to what you might like to do here in the community...
- Write angsty fics about Much, where he is upset by Robin treatment of him.
- Write hopeful fics about Much, where Robin is treating him right.
- Make icons, banners or buttons for yourself or for other members of the community.
- Make videos about Much.
- Make Much macros.
- Get T-shirts made (and post pictures here!).
- Write episode reviews specifically referring to mistreatment of Much.
- Or anything else you can think of!
OK, this is where it gets serious. Please make sure you’ve read this before you post.
1) You have to be a member to post.
2) No commercial activity of any kind (e.g. please don’t do something like making T-shirts and then trying to sell them to members!).
3) No abuse, SHOUTING, obscene language, threats, unnecessarily hurtful remarks, or anything else of the kind. Remember, the spirit of this community is one of love and good treatment! Please give due respect to all other members.
4) Spoilers must be behind a cut. A spoiler is a piece of information that you would not know before watching an episode (but that you would know after you had watched it!). The most important spoilers are ones that are obviously major plot developments - but while a new series is being shown, please be careful to avoid posting any episode information outside of a cut. Please mark your cut tag with the episode(s) being spoilered. For further information on spoilers see this post - basically, if you post an uncut spoiler and fail to provide a cut for it promptly, I may feel it necessary to remove the post to make sure people's enjoyment of the show isn't spoiled (I'd let everyone know what happened to the post, of course!).
5) Pieces of fiction are very welcome – but make sure you give a rating (use the British cinema rating system, e.g. PG or 15) *and* give information about the following if they apply...
- presence of swearing, etc
- explicit sex
- pairings appearing in the story
6) If you wish to post icons you’ve made, they would be very welcome – but please put the images behind a cut (though you are allowed to give up to three sample images of icons).
7) If you wish to post banners you’ve made, again you’re very welcome – but please put all banners behind a cut.
8) You may post pictures of any kind (e.g. a poignant screencap), but anything larger than 100x100 must be behind a cut.
9) If there are any other contentious issues, please use your common sense (or get in touch with me if you need to).
10) Please use tags. I don't want to be too strict, but it would help if you adhered to the following...
- give a tag that states the kind of post you're making: 'fic' for stories, 'icons' for icons, 'reviews' for specific episode reviews, 'pimping' if you're telling us about another community, 'outside sherwood' for talking about Sam Troughton when he's not being Much, and so on.
- if you have spoilers in your post, use the tag 'spoilers'.
- if you are referring to a specific episode (e.g. for a review), use an episode tag in the format '1x04' (which would refer to season 1, episode 4).
- if you are posting a story, also use your username (e.g. 'rochvelleth') as a tag, and that will create a nice little portfolio of your work!
- the list of tags that have been used up to now is here.
Treat Much Right:
The Treat Much Right Campaign HQ
The Treat Much Right Campaign on Livejournal
The Treat Much Right Campaign Facebook Group
Treat Much Right syndicated feeds:
If you are on Livejournal, you can get a syndicated feed of the Dreamwdith community posts by friending tmr_dreamwidth (follow the linki and click 'Add').
Much's Robin Hood
Tribute to Much
A Victorian Girl's Tribute to Much
Sam Troughton sites:
Much Fic Resource
(This is an amazing resource that allows you to look up Robin Hood stories by author, character, etc. - wonderfully thorough and excellently maintained.)
Robin Hood Timeline
(The timeline is still under construction - click the link to see how you can help out! - but it is intended to give a sense of dates in various Robin Hood episodes to help for writing stories and so on.)
So, in conclusion...
Treat Much Right!
aetherschreiber, belieal, darkentwisted, dennib68, eppy, inkblot_fiend, kegel84, lyraeinne, mylogiceatsyou, railise, robinfanatic, rochvelleth, thestorymaker